Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good Food

Yesterday was a laid back day... sort of... I mostly puttered around the house fixing things and then spent some time working on some work stuff (mostly just boring code change reviews.) Today was church and then we had the neighbors and one of Bernadette's friends over for dinner. I thought today would be a good day some show some photos of food and eating.


Every meal must start with some sort of melon. French cantaloupes are particularly good.

This was something I've never had before. This is an omelet with truffles in it. Truffles are quite expensive and are usually found by a trained pig or dog. They tend to grow on oak tree roots. They can cost anywhere from $300 to $900 per pound hence the reason I've never had it before. A friend of Bernadette gave the truffle to her. Her friend's dog found it on their property out in the country. The truffles had a taste of a very fine and delicious mushroom and the omelet was quite delicious.

This is a black Perigord truffle. The type that was in the omelet.
More about truffles

Sometimes we eat outdoors when the weather is nice...


and sometimes we eat indoors when the weather isn't so good.

Sometimes we invite the neighbors. (Michel and Nicole who live across the street)

Today we ate indoors and we had couscous which you can't see very well in this picture but you might be able to see some of it in the 'indoor' pictures above. Bernadette really loaded up my plate and I wasn't able to eat it all. I put the leftovers away for a midnight snack. This couscous had chicken, lamb, hot sausages (merguez) chick peas, zuchinni, tomatoes, celery, carrots, turnips, raisins, and probably other stuff that I don't know about (but I know there were no onions).
More about Couscous

Well, time to go eat again. Ciao! (or is that 'chow?')

No comments:

Where Have I Been