Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Casey wanted pictures of food so here is the first of many to come. We spend a lot of time eating and the weather has been nice so we eat out on the patio. Today, we had french fries. French potatoes are much better than the ones at home and the fries come out really good. Of course, there is lots of bread and other stuff too. One of my favorites is the paté de compagne which I finished off for lunch today.

Yesterday, we went to Castillon la Bataille, site of the last battle of the hundred years war, where Daniele's parents lived before coming out here to Bergerac to live. We went to check on the old house which they are trying to sell. While we were there, I went across the street to visit the neigbors. It is an old couple. The dame is about one of the funniest people ever. She has something to say about everything and is full of stories. She laughs a lot. Her husban, meanwhile, is very quiet. A couple of years ago, he lost a leg for some medical reason or another so he is confined to a wheelchair. It was fun to visit with them. I really like the look on her face when I came into the yard to visit. Her eyes went real wide when she realized who I was. Here is a picture of them with Daniele's father and a picture of the house in Castillon.

2 comments:

Casey said...

sick! pate de campagne!?!?! do you know what you are eating? and do you realize that they assume that since my dad likes it that i like it too? they were talking about it last fall when we were there. the fries and melon look nice. mmmm.

Nick said...

mmmmmm.....pate de campagne.

I actually think potatoes are better here. It's the oil that is superior in France (as well as their flour, milk, ham, chicken, etc., etc.).

Anyway, I'm off to McDonalds. Don't tell mom.

Where Have I Been