Saturday, July 26, 2008

Strawberries and Cars

Here is Casey's food picture of the day. We have had some of the best strawberries I've tasted since we have been here. This is the batch that they went and picked yesterday. Sweet, juicy, tender, and yummy. I must have eaten half a bowl by myself, yesterday.

Kellie has discovered Gallette Bretons, the butter cookies that they make here. Actually, they are one of my favorites. I bought some yesterday and I think Kellie has had about 10 of them already. Most of yesterday was just sitting around waiting for Catherine to arrive. I fixed a few things around the house and I went on a couple of walks during the day. I think I put in about seven miles of walking. I skipped dinner for one of my walks because eating two big meals a day is getting to be a bit too much. I haven't gained any weight, though.

So, just how many ways can a hatchback be designed? Everyone drives a hatchback. And they are all teeny tiny. Imagine sitting in the backseat of one of these for two hours while you drive to the beach. Your knees get stiff and your rear-end gets sore. Ah well, I suppose that when gasoline costs about $9 a gallon, you don't go for big and fancy.

No comments:

Where Have I Been