Wednesday, July 23, 2008

French bread, pain aux raisins and chocolatines. Now that is the essence of French life. I mean, this is what it is all about. You just can't get bread and pastries this good in the United States. I went for two walks this morning. The first one was to get a good workout and the second one was to go to the bakery. Daniele mentioned, yesterday, that Kellie hadn't had a chocolatine yet so I decided to remedy that this morning and voila! Anyway, I enjoy walking around this place. Bergerac is an old town dating back to the 11th century. It is always interesting to wander around streets and wonder what the people were like centuries ago that wandered the same streets. Of course most of the buildings are different and the streets weren't paved back then but still it is interesting to wonder about such things. Anyway, the old city is really old and the streets are narrow.









Bergerac sits on the banks of the Dordogne River. There are several bridges which pass over it. My little walk, this morning, took me over both of the bridges. This morning was the open market which we just got back from. There were all kinds of things to buy but the best was when Kellie and I broke off to walk back to the house. We stopped and got a couple of the juiciest, tastiest peaches ever and munched them on our way back. Well, I'm being kicked off of the table so we can eat, again. Until tomrrow, then...

1 comment:

Jeff said...

dennis, how about some titles for your posts?

Where Have I Been