Monday, July 28, 2008

Eyesight Gone Bad

Yesterday was a laid back go to church type of day so we didn't really do much of anything. Actually, it is kind of nice to have a day like that around here because someone always wants us to do something. So, as I was musing upon what I would write today, a friend of Bernadette came over to visit. We met her the last time we were here and she is a really nice person. Anyway, Daniele's mom comes in and says hello to her and does the two kisses on the cheek thing. Now, notice in the picture to the left that she wears some pretty hefty glasses in order to see. Well, she didn't have them on. She was able to recognize Bernadette's friend but then she saw me across the table. She paused for a moment then held out her hand and said "Bonjour, Messieur." in a real serious tone. Now I thought she was being facetious or something so I just said "Bonjour, Madam" back to her and shook her proffered hand. Everyone in the room was watching this strange encounter then everyone realized that she hadn't recognized me and took me for some stranger that was with Bernadette's friend. Well, she was thoroughly embarrassed but had a good laugh as did all of us. You just never know what's going to happen around here but I can tell you it is always a surprise and it is non-stop.

No comments:

Where Have I Been