Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lazy Walks Around Bergerac

Today was just pretty laid back with not much to do which is fine with me. I went for my morning walk around town where I just walk fast and let my feet take me where they want to go. Even though the streets go every which direction I still haven't got lost. Usually, somewhere, I'll be able to look around and find the main church in town and I can always steer myself in that direction until I find something familiar.


Daniele wanted everyone to see that I am wearing short pants.

What'd you call me?

After that walk, I got Daniele and Kellie up and we took an easy walk to the center of town. It was market day so we just wandered around the streets of Old Bergerac then on up to the center of town around the Church where the majority of the market takes place. You can find just about anything in these markets from tools to tomatoes to shoes. The fresh vegetables usually look very tempting and mouth watering.


































After returning from our walk, we had lunch then Daniele's sister dropped us off at Aqua Park, a sort of water park, where we spent the rest of the afternoon. Daniele and Kellie went swimming while I found a shady place to sit down and read my book I've been working on since we left. A little barbecued lamb for dinner and voila, there was the day!


Kellie coming down the slide

Hiding out in the shade. I'm still burnt and starting to peel from when we went to the beach.

Bird update: He chirps all day long. We give him water from a spoon and feed him small pieces of bread and meat. He comes to the edge of his cage and sits there with his mouth open waiting for us to feed him.

5 comments:

Casey said...

you guys went to the mie caline without me?!!?!? send me some chocolatines! now!

nice pics, btw. dad, you look 50 years younger when you wear shorts

Nick said...

Only 115 "hits"? Weak.

Jeff said...

wow, quite the surge in traffic. I think the only explanation is that now you're finally showing off those toned calves of yours. keep giving your fans what they want

Jeff said...

what's up with the naked kid holding his crotch next to the water slide?

Casey said...

nick and jeff are having way too much fun with the blogs... you should get google analytics. i don't know if they could mess that up

Where Have I Been