Thursday, July 17, 2008



It is the day before we leave to go to France for three and a half weeks and this is about the way I feel. Seems like there are so many things to get done before we leave and then, of course, there is the anxiety of leaving the house, all my stuff, and the cats. Last time we went on vacation, Rosie, one of the cats, disappeared and we were only gone for a week. After about two weeks, I finally wrote her off as gone for good so I got another cat to replace her. Of course two weeks later, Rosie shows up at the door looking really annoyed and demanding something to eat. She was especially annoyed about there being another cat in the house. Seems that if she can't come spend some time in the house during the day, she feels abandoned. I have no idea where she disappeared to for over a month but someone was feeding her because she looked fatter than when we left. My niece, Samantha, is supposed to come over every day and feed them and let them in for a bit and hopefully that will help. So, I worry about things like this before going on a trip. I'm also trying to lose a little weight so I also worry about where I'm going to work out and what I'll be able to eat. France is not exactly the best place to try and stay on a regime especially with the bread, cheeses, yogurts, pastries and paté. I used to be able to go jogging when we would go over there but my knees won't support that activity anymore so I also need to figure out what I'm going to do for exercise. I know, I know. Rough life, you are saying...

Dustin sent this photo of Tavin, my grandson, yesterday. He went out and bought the little steps so that Tavin could get up to the bathroom sink and brush his teeth while looking at the photo of all of us which is in the back corner of the counter top. Tavin is doing well now that he is back in Delaware with Dustin. He goes to daycare while Dustin goes to work at the Dover Air Base. Evidently there is a girl there about his age that likes to kiss him all day long so I guess Tay has a girlfriend at the age of one and a half. I miss having him around the house because he is a lot of fun.

So... I'll try and keep this updated while we are in France. I imagine that I should have the time to do so.

2 comments:

Amber said...

We already miss Tavin too. Have fun in France and don't worry about your house.

Ashley said...

the picture of tavin is so cute :) but who wouldn't think so? have a good time in france!

Where Have I Been